If you are new around here, one of the things you might not know about me is that for years, I used to blog on another blog. You can click over to it here if you are interested. I started writing there when we found out half way through our first pregnancy that our son would not survive more than a few hours after he was born. His name was Luke and he was perfect and precious and lived in our arms for several beautiful hours on a day that we will forever cherish.
I started writing because of Luke and I’m forever thankful to him for helping me unlock this part of my identity. I wrote and wrote and wrote our story of becoming a family as we eventually welcomed two more healthy children, our rainbow baby and one through the blessing of adoption. As life got busier and busier, I stopped making the time to write and now, years later, here I am attempting to get my writing muscles back. Only I’m trying to figure out what to write about if I’m no longer focusing on writing solely about loss, grief and struggle. Strangely, its been more of a challenge than I expected. A good challenge to be sure, but a challenge all the same.
On my old blog, one of the things I wrote frequently about was gratitude. It is something I cling to in my life and I one hundred percent believe that nothing can shift my perspective faster from scarcity to abundance; which is a channel switch I often need to help myself make.
So here on this blog from time to time, I’m going to dedicate a post or two or a few to the practice of gratitude. The simple counting of blessings. When we stop to count and take notice enough to record them, they are not only recorded on “paper” but forever in our hearts as well.
Here’s to counting many more. I remain so thankful.
495. the sounds of a marching band in the fall
496. love notes from my sweet girl
497. Oprah’s podcast
498. an easy drop off for my little guy at preschool (tear-free)
499. an organized pantry and freezer
500. A quiet field of hay bales on a foggy suburban morning
501. a missing front tooth on a happy face for picture day
502. listening to podcasts while I work
503. triple shot in a venti cup over ice+ extra ice+ a carmel Premier Protein drink
504. our home organized after a month of complete chaos
505. fall decor out and scented candles burning